Youth 2000 Ireland comply with our obligations under the terms of the Data Protection Acts in the Republic of Ireland. We are the “data controller” of the personal information which you provide to us through your use of this website, attendance at Youth 2000 events (online and offline) and electronic or manual subscriptions and we respect your right to personal privacy. We will collect and use information only in the ways disclosed in this statement.
Type of information collected
Youth 2000 collects two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, sex, telephone number, e-mail address, diocese, date of birth, next of kin name & contact details and user IP address. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us including using the online booking system for events which is made available on our website. The booking system is for both over 18 and under 18 (16 & 17 year olds). Under 18’s must download a form that will automatically be sent to the email address that they provide once they submit the application, and they must obtain written parental consent. We collect your email address when you choose to subscribe to the Youth 2000 e-vents bulletin (through the “Events Bulletin” link on our homepage). This will be used to send you a bi-monthly newsletter from bulletin@communications.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as browser type, platform type, length of visit, country of origin and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website, none of this information can personally identify you.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
We will process the Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
– to process any event bookings you submit. The information you provide to us in the booking form is used for registration at events and is saved onto our database and my later be used for electronic communications with you.
– to add your email address to our database if you select to ‘opt-in’ to receive Youth 2000 mail on our booking form. You will receive our newsletter and selected mail/email communications.
– to add your name, mobile phone number and email address to our database if you choose to submit your details to our Volunteer Scheduler. You may be contacted in connection with volunteering opportunities.
– to add your email address to our distribution list where you sign up to our e-vents bulletin
– to contact you if required to respond to any communications you might send to us through the National Office email listed in the “Contact us” section.
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties except in the case where we believe, in good faith, that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with an applicable law or other statutory requirement. We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we may inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website. We use website developers to provide our service. They are not permitted to share any information without the express permission of Youth 2000 Ireland.
Updating, verifying and deleting personal data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you, to request a copy of your personal data or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any data subject requests may be subject to a prescribed fee.
Your Personal Data is held securely by Youth 2000 Ireland. The nature of the Internet is such that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However we will take all reasonable steps (including technical and organisational) to protect your personal data.
Links – We offer links to other websites. These are given for information purposes only and we do not accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of any such external sites.
If problems arise, users may contact Youth 2000 Ireland by phone, post or e-mail as displayed in the “Contact us” section of our website.
Changes to the website privacy statement
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All participants must register for Youth 2000 festivals and retreats. Information provided to Youth 2000 must be accurate. A participant may be asked to leave if he/she willing discloses false information.
- Participants shall maintain acceptable standards of behaviour and act in a law-abiding, mature and honest fashion. Failure to do so may result in a participant being asked to leave.
- Smoking is prohibited in all buildings, marquees or tented areas and is permitted only in designated smoking areas.
- The consumption of alcohol and recreational drugs are strictly forbidden at all times both on-site and off-site for the entire duration of a Youth 2000 festival or retreat. This also includes those staying in any guest houses. Those who break this rule will be asked to leave and the appropriate services may be contacted.
- Access to certain areas or a site may be restricted for safety and security reasons.
- Property must be treated with respect and littering is not allowed. Any damage will be paid for by the pulpit(s) and prosecution may follow.
- Participants must adhere to safety instructions issued at the venue by Youth 2000. Fail to do so and participants will be asked to leave. Where the participant is U18 the person(s) with parental responsibility or the Next of Kin will be contacted to remove the young person, or to give permission for the young person to leave on their own. Alternatively the police or appropriate services will be contacted.
- Participants will be responsible for keeping their lodging areas tidy and uphold the rules regarding accommodation or camping areas. Male only access to male accommodation and facilities, and female only access to female accommodation facilities. Youth 2000 Ireland will endeavour to help any and all persons with specific requirements or needs, however Youth 2000 Ireland is not responsible for ensuring disabled access or special provision due to the practicalities that we are often guests in the locations we use and therefore cannot amend the facilities that we are given to us. Also our volunteers will carry out their duties fully but they are not required to endanger themselves in anyway or in any assistance they give to persons, these actions are an act of kindness on their part and not a requirement of their volunteering. Baggage must be stored away from the main corridors of the accommodation areas and shall not be a trip hazard or obstruct exit doors, corridors or fire escape routes. Youth 2000 will do all possible to ensure such hazards are removed but does not accept liability for the careless actions of others.
- Youth 2000 Ireland will not be held liable for any property lost, damaged or stolen.
- The lighting of campfires and the use of fire, heating, cooking or gas appliances are prohibited.
- Photographers and/or television crews will be present at the festival. A selection of photographs and/or video will be used for promotional purposes on the Youth 2000 website, in newspapers, magazines or any other media deemed appropriate. To opt out of your, or your young persons, image being used as part of Youth 2000 promotional materials please contact email@example.com expressly requesting this.
- This list will be update regularly and is neither exclusive nor exhaustive.
- While Youth 2000 Ireland uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, Youth 2000 Ireland makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Youth 2000 Irelandassumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- When you register with Youth 2000 Ireland and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from Youth 2000 Ireland.
- If you post or send comments or suggestions about the Site to Youth 2000 Ireland, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of Youth 2000 Ireland. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Youth 2000 Ireland. Youth 2000 Ireland shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you. All comments and posts must avoid profanity, violence or insinuation of violence, bullying, trolling, or other comments deemed inappropriate by the sole discretion of Youth 2000 Ireland. Any comments or posts that do not abide by the Commenting Guidelines may be removed. Violation of the Commenting Guidelines may also result in the removal of your ability to post or comment, or removal from the site.
- Youth 2000 Ireland shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorised access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorised third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
- NEITHER YOUTH 2000 IRELAND NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOUTH 2000 IRELAND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. YOUTO 2000 IRELAND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. YOUTH 2000 IRELAND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
- All content on the site is deemed to be suitable. Youth 2000 is aimed at those aged 16 to 35, however, it considers the material hosted on this site to be suitable for all ages. Youth 2000 is willing to review any material where it is felt that this is not the case, however Youth 2000 does not accept any liability for any personal offence taken and considers the primary responsibility to be with the person with parental responsibility in regulating the young persons access to the internet including this site, all social media platforms and the material held therein.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL YOUTH 2000 IRELAND BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF YOUTH 2000 IRELAND HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Youth 2000 Ireland and each of its directors, officers employees, and volunteers, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that Youth 2000 Ireland may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. Youth 2000 Ireland reserves the right to assume the exclusive defence of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide Youth 2000 Ireland with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by Youth 2000 Ireland.
- The use of this site and its content does not constitute an engagement in professional counselling, therapy, or clinical, psychological, or medical treatment. You agree that Youth 2000 Ireland is not licensed to nor is it engaging in any professional counselling or medical services; and that the information presented is solely the opinion of the author(s) and/or presenter(s). Youth 2000 Ireland is not bound by any national regulations regarding professional services. Please see Section 9.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Youth 2000 Ireland
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may use your personal information as described in this statement subject to your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us.
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information, as applicable, to perform our contractual obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to provide our products and our services, and to improve our services and the content on the Website. We may use technical information as described in this statement and use personal information for our marketing purposes consistent with our legitimate interests and any choices that we offer or consents that may be required under applicable law.
- Legal Compliance. We may collect and use your information in connection with legal obligations to which we are subject. These legal obligations include, but are not limited to, any and all applicable (i) national regulations, (ii) court orders, or (iii) consent decrees.
We may use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products and our services to you; to respond to your inquiries; and for other service and support purposes. We use the payment or donation information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, to allow us to perform internal finance processes. In the event of a dispute, we also share account information with the relevant authorities.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, our services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the products, events or services are working properly.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about Youth 2000 Ireland or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the applicable email or sending us a request by email.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Administrative. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offering and other important service related notices, such as changes to our policies or about security .
- Advertising. Subject to your opt-out preferences, we may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services.
- Protecting Rights and Interests. We will use your information to protect our rights and interests as well as the rights and interests of our users and any other person, as well as to enforce our policies or our Terms of Service.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our operation or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.
Summer E-Festival 2020 – The Youth 2000 Summer festival will be streamed online.
- Registration is limited to those over the age of 16 and our registration system will not allow people below that age to register. There is provision for those below that age in that their parent or their person with parental responsibility may wish to register and then allow them to view the content in that manner.
- Those aged 16 and 17 may register, however their age will be flagged on our booking system and a Youth 2000 Designated Liaison Person will contact their parent or their person with parental responsibility to ensure that they are happy for them to receive Youth 2000 content. If so, great, if not then the young persons registration will be removed from the booking system.
- Furthermore, Youth 2000 reviews all its content. Therefore, any material that Youth 2000 feels is most appropriate for those aged over 18 will only be made available to those who register with a Date of Birth over the age of 18. All speakers have been informed of and are aware both of the Youth 2000 target age range, and also the potential age range for this E-Festival, and speakers have agreed to make their content contributions suitable for that group.
- The views expressed by the speakers are their own, however these should be reflective of Catholic teaching. Youth 2000 is not responsible for the manner of expression, but reserves the right to not use, restrict or remove any material from its platforms that it does not wish to use, for reasons undisclosed and at any time. As Youth 2000 uses multiple speakers, any issues with content may be forwarded directly to the contributor who expressed them.
- Youth 2000 reserves the right to make content deemed fit for U18s public. For example, Youth 2000 may wish to allow television or media broadcaster to broadcasts elements of its event, or it may allow elements of the retreat (those deemed suitable) available on the Internet and social media without registration.
- This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive.
- These Terms and Conditions, as well as all Youth 2000 policies, are reviewed continuously and in a dynamic manner.
Last Updated: 29 July 2020